The Kestrel 1000 pocket anemometer is the first and entry level of the Kestrel range, providing the user with accurate wind speed readings. It has three buttons below the display, making operation simple and allowing the user to view data in current, maximum or average displays, the buttons also allow operation of the data hold function.
Compare Key Kestral functions, download the pdf file.
The Kestrel 1000 is a small electronic rotating vane type anemometer (wind meter), easily carried in a pocket. It uses high precision jewel bearings and a light weight impeller to provide accurate air flow measurements even at low speeds. The impeller assembly can be replaced by the user if damaged.
Low power microprocessor technology is used to provide speed, maximum speed, average speed and units selection; functions normally only found on more expensive instruments. The liquid crystal display has large 9mm high digits for a clear readout.
Power is from an easily replaceable standard lithium coin cell battery, which will typically give up to 300 hours of operation. The instrument automatically switches off if no keys are pressed for 45 minutes.
The Kestrel 1000 wind meter is made from high impact injection moulded plastic and corrosion resistant materials with the electronics fully sealed. It will float if accidentally dropped into water. There is a hard cover for protection when not in use and a lanyard is provided for added security.
Kestrel 1000 benefits
- Small, robust design
- Data hold function
- Large easy to read display
- Waterproof and floats
- High precision jewel mounted impeller
- Replaceable impeller
- Long life lithium battery
- Low cost
- Includes protective cover, lanyard and battery
- 5 year warranty
- Choice of measurement units
- Agriculture - checking conditions prior to crop spraying or burning
- Aviation - gliders, para-gliders, micro-lights, parachutists and ballooning
- Construction - site safety, working conditions, working at height in cranes or access vehicles
- Education - air flow experiments, environmental studies, outdoor sports
- Heating and ventilation - air flow through fans, checking condition of filters
- Industry - air flow measurements, pollution control
- Science - aerodynamics, environmental science and meteorology
- Fire fighters - checking fire spreading hazard
- Outdoor activities - sailors, walkers, model boats/air craft, kite flyers, archery, shooting, fishing, golf & athletics