The Kestrel 2500 Hand-held Weather Meter has all the great features of the Kestrel 2000 with the addition of a pressure sensor.
Compare Key Kestral functions, download the pdf file.
A trend arrow displays whether the barometric pressure is rising, stable or falling. This trend is calculated over a 3-hour period. The pressure is monitored even when the Kestrel 2500 is switched off. Observing the barometric pressure trend enables prediction of future weather conditions.
The Kestrel 2500 also displays altitude in an easy-to-read digital format - making it the ideal instrument for walking, climbing and other outdoor activities.
The Kestrel 2500 Weather Meter provides high quality, performance and functionality. It has three buttons below the display, making operation simple and allowing the user to view data in current, maximum and average wind speed displays, temperature, barometric pressure, altitude and wind chill displays and also the data hold function.
Wind chill is an equivalent temperature that indicates to the user how their environment really feels. Wind chill is the combination of wind speed and temperature.
The Kestrel 2500 is a small, electronic rotating vane type anemometer (wind meter) with built-in temperature and pressure sensors. It uses high precision jewel bearings and a lightweight impeller to provide accurate air flow measurements even at low speeds. The impeller assembly is replaceable by the user in the case of damage.
In order to quickly determine a steady temperature reading, the precision thermistor temperature sensor is mounted externally. A monolithic silicon based pressure sensor enables barometric pressure and altitude to be calculated, with a resolution of 0.1hPa and 1m respectively.
The liquid crystal display has large 9mm high digits and is backlit for a clear readout in low light conditions. Power is from an easily replaceable standard lithium coin cell battery, which will typically give up to 300 hours of operation. The instrument automatically switches off if no keys are pressed for 45 minutes.
For those with after dark requirements, the Kestrel 2500NV (with an olive drab case) is available with a low intensity red backlight to preserve night vision.
The Kestrel 2500 Weather Meter is made from high impact injection moulded plastic and corrosion resistant materials with the electronics fully sealed. It will float if accidentally dropped into water. There is a hard cover for protection when not in use and a lanyard for added security.
Kestrel 2500 benefits
- Small, robust design
- 3 hour pressure trend
- Data hold function
- Real-time clock
- Large easy to read display
- Waterproof and floats
- High precision jewel mounted impeller
- Replaceable impeller
- Fast response temperature sensor
- Long life lithium battery
- Low cost
- Includes protective cover, lanyard and battery
- 5 year warranty
- Choice of measurement units
- Agriculture - checking conditions prior to crop spraying or burning
- Aviation - gliders, para-gliders, micro-lights, parachutists and ballooning
- Construction - site safety, working conditions, working at height in cranes or access vehicles
- Education - air flow experiments, environmental studies, outdoor sports
- Heating and ventilation - air flow through fans, checking condition of filters
- Industry - air flow measurements, pollution control
- Science - aerodynamics, environmental science and meteorology
- Fire fighters - checking fire spreading hazard
- Outdoor activities - sailors, walkers, model boats/air craft, kite flyers, archery, shooting, fishing, golf & athletics